Monday, July 23, 2007
Love and Grief.

Hellooo.
It is oficially the last day of the holidays. And it leaves such a heavy feeling. Such reluctance to go back to uni but I just need to be swept by the momentum and I'm good to go. Well until the last weeks of uni/exams and that's when I just want to go home. And I can only think of home. And everyone at home. Everyone that I so badly miss.
All this homesick business is due to Alysha (my cousin) who has just enrolled in Geelong Grammar School and we were there in Melbourne for the last week helping her settle down. Well, I'm sure you'll get to my blog somehow Aly so I'm telling you here now. This opportunity beats any other. Beats us studying here in Sydney because high school is clearly different than uni. So just make the best of it. Just get into the momentum because everything else is holding you back. Yea, maybe I'm not one to say 'you shouldn't be negative' because I can be as negative as the next pesimist. But relating the place to be an absolute adversity. Well, there are much better things to do. And overcoming the obstacles is definitely not impossible for you. Just trust us on that.
And this is also just me trying to tell myself to steer things into the better. Not just because I have to. But because I want to. I want to look at myself and be happy with myself. Maybe I have not gotten there yet entirely. But the chances are endless.
And continuing.
That roughly took up our whole trip but we did manage to go shopping and I sorta kinda went a little over the budget (not that I really had one). I bought a couple of tops, a pair of jeans, a jacket and some accesories. More than half of the stuff i got were on sale anyway. But i did encounter a slight misfortune. Which a couple of you know already.
I bought a pair of boots. A pair of "leather" high cut tan brown boots. I took them home and i was showing my aunty and Aly. Flipped it over and there was that measley plastic sticker which said "Pig Skin Lining". Yes. I have grieved and i still am grieving. And an honest mistake it was. Foolish, but perfectly honest. My aunty offered to take it back to the shop to exchange or whatever since I bought them a day before we left. We shall see.
We got home yesterday morning and I was actually really tired because we had to wake up at 5 for our 745 flight. Managed to snooze a little on the plane but I kept waking up. The anxiety of reaching home and getting the HP book got the better of me. Managed to get the book after killing an hour doing groceries as the bookshop wasn't opened yet when we got there.
Reached home and after all the unpacking and webcamming with my mom, I settled down at aproximately 120pm and started my long journey through the book. I put the book down only to go for toilet breaks and snacks. Didn't eat lunch. Took an hour off at 730pm while eating dinner and Ugly Betty (no, I wasn't going to miss that). Progressed on right throught the night and took 30 minutes to shower etc. at 12 am. Endured the last few chapters and I managed to finish at precisely 345am. So all in all, I took about half a day. I didn't go slow and I didn't go fast. Maybe a little fast but that was mere excitement.
Because there are those out there who haven't finished, I won't be putting up any spoilers here. But I will say, that ending the book and of course, the whole series, has left a huge gap in me. Even though the ending brought closure. I'll recover but i don't want to just yet. The memories will continue to linger and the madness will never die down, i can assure you. I will definitely be reading the whole series from the very beginning to the end to fully and truly grasp the stories and bind all the facts together. Multiple times.
I know of how "potty" i sound about what I'm saying at the moment. I'm just so moved by how it finally ends. I can't help but get all teary eyed. It's not something i can explain or relate to if you're not infatuated with the series as the readers are. I'm just grateful to J.K Rowling for writing such an extraordinary series which holds no comparison to any other. Maybe not by far to many other novels out there, but it is definitely one of a kind. Thanks also to Mr Berg, (my class teacher when i did 4th Grade in Sydney in 1999) for introducing the first book (and therefore the series) to me (well, the class), even though you didn't manage to finish the first for us and i just had to buy it on my own.
I think i'll stop here before i start bawling. Sorry to everyone who found this post atrocious and downright annoying. Perhaps it's just a message of persuasion to just pick up the bloody books and read them. Haha. But i won't do as such. To each their own i know.
Long live the boy who lived.
Cheers.
i spilled my heart at
6:14 PM