Monday, August 20, 2007
Return of the BlahBlahs.

Greetings one and all.
I was just doing some blog hopping and it stimulated the urge in me to blog even though i have a killer assignment to get my ass on while the night is young. I have an 8 o clock class tomorrow so naturally, i'm stamped for the 'It's my turn to look like a massive wreck' week. Shoot me now.
Anyway, all through the week i have steered away from regular outings and my compulsive yearning to read Eclipse. I need Edward sooo bad. Haha. Almost as much as i need...................... chocolate? ;P Inherently, the weekend was just spent in from of the laptop morning til the wee hours of night. How can I be blamed for poor eyesight and random heachaches?
I just completely lose track of the days and hours and sometimes I don't even realise that it's actually time to go to bed or to wake up. Haha.. nolah not that extremeee. I have still kept to my regular dosage of sleep but I can just feel the contrary coming on.
Moving on.
One of the assigments of death that i have to tackle is mapping an Indigenous community. Haha. I can hear the whats and huhs echoing around. Basically, I have to write on the Indigenous profile of a particular community. I didn't bother to choose my area coz I didn't think there would be adequate sources. So I had to search all over the bloody Internet for a total of 3 to 4 days until I found one that was suitable. I visited the area today. I never thought I'd have the perseverance to go but oh well. I ventured into the edges of Newtown which I'm more familiar with and into Marrickville, as the area of "interest". Missed the right bus stop and had to walk all the way up the hill to reach the library. There I researched on the statistics and other random but useful info. Photocopied away my change but I have spared some for transport this week. Took around an hour and a bit. I researched online earlier of some Aboriginal organisations that I thought of taking a look at. I felt like a tourist with my map, walking aimlessly here and there but I managed to find them. Met some really helpful people who gave me all sorts of info. Thankyous probably aren't enough. But the condition of the buildings, I was quite appalled. I wasn't even sure I was at the right place but the bits of signage around guided me a little. However, I am amazed at the amount of dedication some people have for something that takes ages to set up AND remain persistant. So, mayyybee the assignment in itself wasn't so abominable. It's just the deliverance of the assignment by the lecturers. Now that's another mind-boggler.
Okay now I'm stuck on stuff to tell. My head's just wandering into how in the world am I gonna get this done.
Til liberation kicks in.
Btw, congrats to Zay and team for putting on a show from what looks like tremendous effort. Well done. Sigh. Nothing beats high school days.
Cheers.
i spilled my heart at
6:52 PM