Sunday, August 05, 2007
The Webs We Weave.

Hi everyone.
Time for my weekly sign-in. But it's just to let whoever who reads this know what I've been up to. Which is nothing much. And that explains the lack of posts and the build-up of imaginary cobwebs. Can you start to actually see them now?
I WANTED to do a little work this weekend but that has not transpired. Slacker 101 I'm telling you. Therefore, I shall kick myself in the ass tomorrow and resolute to being productive since I don't have a class:
#1. I shall do my ritual morning run and exercise, as I can seriously feel the weight monster creeping on me.
#2. I shall give DIMIA a ring to settle this visa business once and for all (Well at least get SOME idea on what I can do).
#3. I shall revise some Anatomy, which I have put off for the past 2 weeks and do some of my practical work. Maybe do some Australian Indigenous reading and "research" for my upcoming presentation. *cringes*
and if I'm REALLY REALLY in tact with myself,
#4. I shall find and change my blogskin.
Haha. Okay maybe the last one has nothing to do with anything but I really have been trying to look for a good one coz my current skin is soo outdated and I'm getting bored of it. Because I think of my readers, I can never find one that I'm truly satisfied with. And don't you laugh. Coz you'll be the one complaining to me when i put one with itty bitty shitty fonts and columns or when my blog is adorned with craptastic headers such as 'you had me suicidal'. Not that I'd even dream of using any of those skins. Ick.
Moving on. This week Uni was just another sleep fest for me. I basically couldn't stay awake in most of the classes even though I really tried to. At least when it deemed to spark even the slightest interest. I simply couldn't. I was just dropping like flies. Possibly because I was fasting the whole week to pay my dues. 4 more days! =)
Speaking of fests, the Malaysian Fest is coming soon in 3 weeks time. And believe it or not, I have signed up to volunteer! I volunteered at the info/leaflet distribution booth. Haha. Yeah i know. Might be a bit of a bore, but i have looked through the benefits and they seem dependable enough:
One. I would get a cert and a free Mfest tee! I'm more looking at the cert coz i need to enhance my CV desperately.
Two. I am definitely looking forward to some Malaysian food. I haven't had some in donkey's of years so that's a yesyesyes.
Three. Who knows? I might pick up a guy or two... HAH. KIDDING. (Honest.)
One of the reasons for this is I really want to get myself involved in things because well, I need to think that I'm not as useless as I appear to be AND maybe really make Sydney a worthy experience besides getting a degree. I know how corny that sounds but I just want to look back and not regret. Especially when there's so much struggle of keeping us here. Coming here is something I really do not want to lament on considering of the listless reasons for the "It could have been better at home." controversy. Maybe I could have done this whole thing earlier but I'm not giving up just yet.
Okay enough with the wishy-washy talk. Oh my gawd. These few days I've been having some sort of "reaction". No, I don't think I'm allergic to myself (bleh =P) and no, I don't think the fork-coke-pandan method will work in the nearest century (hehe). I don't know what on earth it is because they look like bites and I'm nowhere near mosquitoes here. I've changed my bedsheets and now I'm taking pills for it. I still have them and they itch like mad and it's undeniably as painful as it sounds. Not literally painful, but try having to scratch your whole body at once. EGAD. I'm just waiting for the next week until my pills finish. And if I still have them, the doctor here I come.
Next week is my dentist appointment. I sooo want to think i'd enjoy the outcome of it but I don't have a clue. Not getting my hopes up. *prays*
I shall also be having our first Camperdown (main campus) class this Friday with the Pharmacy 1st year students. I hopehopehope I get into a GOOD group with GOOD people. And there's no harm in a good-looki.. No. No hopes up.
Haha. Something to look forward to. That's what i need. And crave. All the time. Well there's always something anyway. Good things CAN come to those who wait.
3 more days to Eclipse!! I HOPE. I need my dose of Cullen goodness.
Have a good week everybody.
Cheers.
i spilled my heart at
11:33 PM